None of My Business
I recently received some e-mail through my website from a man who was trying to convince me that Christians need to campaign (i.e., engage in political activism) to "STOP THE VIOLENCE" that is being perpetrated in the so-called War on Drugs. Here is my response to him (with some minor changes):
I agree that the so-called "War on Drugs" is not a righteous thing though, no doubt, many misguided fools think they are doing righteously in prosecuting it. But if you are trying to recruit me into a war against the war, I must tell you that you are wasting your time. I believe that the Christian mission is to call out the wayward sheep of God from among the ungodly and then to disciple them in righteousness, which includes practicing biblical principles for separation. I do not believe that Christians are to "engage the culture" as many of today's Evangelicals phrase it. That is, I do not believe that we are to attempt to influence or compel the institutions of the heathen into a conformity with Christian principles. And it is obvious to me that the great majority of those who labor to do so are not themselves in any way conformed to the Bible's definition of a Christian.
So if your goal is to try to stop the unjust "War on Drugs" through political activism or by having Christians, in some other way, crusade against the anti-drug policies of the reigning civil government, you'll have to count me out. My battle is against the false Christianity of today's pseudo-churches, not against the pluralistic -- and essentially heathen -- political system.
I agree that the so-called "War on Drugs" is not a righteous thing though, no doubt, many misguided fools think they are doing righteously in prosecuting it. But if you are trying to recruit me into a war against the war, I must tell you that you are wasting your time. I believe that the Christian mission is to call out the wayward sheep of God from among the ungodly and then to disciple them in righteousness, which includes practicing biblical principles for separation. I do not believe that Christians are to "engage the culture" as many of today's Evangelicals phrase it. That is, I do not believe that we are to attempt to influence or compel the institutions of the heathen into a conformity with Christian principles. And it is obvious to me that the great majority of those who labor to do so are not themselves in any way conformed to the Bible's definition of a Christian.
So if your goal is to try to stop the unjust "War on Drugs" through political activism or by having Christians, in some other way, crusade against the anti-drug policies of the reigning civil government, you'll have to count me out. My battle is against the false Christianity of today's pseudo-churches, not against the pluralistic -- and essentially heathen -- political system.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home